Icons
I'm thinking about different systems for the informational icons that are attached to posts...in this picture, the column on the left is the system I had initially sketched in. The column on the right is one thought I had for how to do it more efficiently. To tie in with the rest of the visuals, I would vary the background color and the color of the person's shirt. The background color would represent the rating of the post, while the shirt color would be the person's claimed expertise. When you mouse over the person icon, you get the tags you'd have gotten by mousing over the 'T' icon in the previous version.I'm not sure I like it, but I think it's better in that it is simpler. My only worry is that I'm depending too heavily on color, which is a very qualitative measure in this case...but then, I don't know that that's definitely a bad thing.
3 Comments:
I think this is a big improvement! I'm not worried about the "subjectivity" of colors per se--my only concerns are:
1) Your middle of the road icons (so-so foreground, so-so background) are hard to read. Part of this is due to Albers color theory interactions (muted colors seem brighter against a dull background).
2) Choose a race-neutral face color, for obvious political reasons and because it will help with #1.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
New idea:
http://www.umit.maine.edu/~jon_ippolito/z/reposte/
The pdf is an editable Illustrator document.
Post a Comment
<< Home